Presentations already confirmed include:
► The true state of the cyber-nation
- If a national airline can’t even stay PCI DSS compliant, what is the true state of cybersecurity (and corporate commitment) today?
- If the true level of data breaches has been hidden by NDAs and compliant regulators and markets, what will we see now that those defences are crumbling?
- If there is a huge skills gap, what does that say about the current ability of firms and governments to defend?
► Cyber-financialisation is a gamechanger
- Regulators from the FTC to the EC are making data loss a big deal: compliance failure is now a material P&L hit.
- Institutional investors have been slow to the game, but they’re all in now. Get security wrong and they will hurt you. The cleverest are shorting you already.
- The perception of bad cybersecurity hurts enterprise value as much as an actual hack. Do firms understand what this means?
► Protecting the country and the citizen
- Defending CNI against nation-state and criminal attack
- Ensuring the digital security of online citizens of all ages
- Third-party security as a governance issue: helping your supply chain
► Show me the money
- Outside banking, cybersecurity budgets are pitiful relative to the risk. This has to change.
- Are you paying enough? CISO and other security packages look too low. Why?
- How much funding has your vendor had? Is it in this for the long haul, or is it hoping to be flipped? The small can’t build an enterprise solution.
► Scrutiny changes everything
- Old-school cyber experts poo-poo transparency and the press; they’re out of time. Customers and their lawyers will rule.
- Boards are realising that cybersecurity is governance and that governance is public.
- Proper operational risk management techniques will replace IT- and compliance-based processes.
► Securing digital transformation
- If business survival depends on going digital, then it depends on cybersecurity. Can the industry deliver?
- Boards get it – and now they want answers, metrics and the right personnel. Can they get them?
- As B2C and B2B interactions migrate online, the payments revolution accelerates. What are the latest developments?
► Time to tear up the security playbook?
- Digital transformation, the prevalence of organised and skilled adversaries – cybersecurity was difficult before; what needs to change going forward?
- Choosing solution providers is critical: what’s your process? Are you picking the right partners?
- Are the current NIST and other frameworks actually sensible ways to think about and manage cyber operational risk?
► From cybersecurity to risk management
- If cybersecurity controls don’t work, they don’t reduce risk. But how many CISOs operate to reduce real-world business risk?
- Where does cyber sit in your firm’s overall risk management framework? Why? Should that change?
- Do CISOs genuinely understand how to align their own function with the businesses that ultimately fund them?